Thursday, February 13, 2014

Scaredy Squirrel Book Review

I hardly ever pick up kids books, but the illustrations are so cute in this book that I couldn’t resist, the surprise was that the story was just as good.

This review will ruin your experience of finding out what happens if you plan to read the book yourself, so if you plan on reading the book stop reading now.

This is a great book for your kids, with an excellent lesson that all adults would benefit from and that is…don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone.

Scaredy Squirrel wakes up everyday to his same tree, same nuts for food, and the same routine, he has an emergency kit for those ‘just in case’ and ‘what if’ unexpected emergencies that life may throw at him.

One day he’s caught completely off guard by a bumblebee while surveying his usual view through binoculars from his tree, and he falls out of the tree.

He discovers in mid-air that he is a flying squirrel, and lands in a bush. He lives, but is out of the comfort of his familiar tree so he decides to play dead. A few minutes go by and nothing happens to him, he realizes that there is nothing to fear if you just jump into the unknown.

So he adds jumping into the unknown into his routine everyday.

That’s it. It takes 5 minutes to read to your kids, and is an adorable book. Pick it up for Christmas.

I was going to give it to my brother for my new niece but I’d rather keep it for myself. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

If you read it let me know what you think…

No comments:

Post a Comment